Birding Report in Ecuador - December 2018
Birders: Steve and Christine Appel
Nationality: USA, Florida
Species Observed: 19
Eco-systems: Upper Mountain Forest, about 3,100 meters to 3,500 meters of altitude.
Level of difficulty: Moderate, easy hiking along rio pita
BIRDING REPORT: ECUADOR BIRDS TOURS - BEST BIRDING IN ECUADOR!
1. Rufous Collared Sparrow x6
2. Black Vulture x2
3. Caranculated Cara-Cara x4
4. Scarlet-bellied Mountain Tanager x4
5. White-capped Dipper x1
6. Blue and black tanager x3
7. Great Thursh x11
8. Spectacled Redstar x6
9. Ground-eared Dove x10
10. Pearled Treerunner x4
11. Harris Hawk Flying Adult x2
12. Sparkling Violetear x1
13. Tyrial Metaltail x1
14. White-banded Tyrannulet x1
15. Rufous Spinetail x6
16. Brown-backed chat Tyrant x1
17. Sapphire-vented Puffleg x1
18. American Krestel x2
19. Brown-bellied Swallow x10
Total Species Observed: 19
Hiking Time: 4 Hours, 8.4 kilometers.
Follow us in Facebook, Instagram and Flicker.